Monday, February 14, 2011

Print Winner Announcement!

Contest Results (see previous blog post).

There were some great suggestions for the new name of the technique I have been experimenting with for this past year - and some were downright silly! People sent emails, posted comments on my Facebook page, and commented here at the blog.

We were searching for something simple, a one or two word description that was not too difficult to remember, yet very descriptive of the technique. I can tell that most of you read the blog entry describing the technique - thanks so much! The technique is modeled after Jean Grasdorf's "pouring" technique, except I don't actually "pour" the paint as Jean does. We wanted a name that would differentiate my method from hers.

Ken and I decided to give Pete Myers, of Oxford, Michigan the print, since he is the closest to our parameters for making the final decision. We will use his term with an addition of one word to make the technique name clear, concise and easy to remember. The small print is of "Cocoa Village Shadows", one of my most recent paintings employing this technique. It is matted and ready to frame.

Again, thanks to everyone for participating. I'll try to have more fun events like this in the future, so stay tuned. Watch for future posts of more paintings created with my "Macro Layering" technique!!!

1 comment:

Manuel Rivas said...

Mi más sincera enhorabuena por tus acuarelas,un saludo.