Saturday, August 13, 2011

ShellABration - watercolor on canvas

Yeah! Another eight by eight inch watercolor on canvas painted for the Art and Antique Studio's ART of Eights Project. This is such a fun little art project to be involved with. You can find out more on their website: http://artandantiquestudio.com/ArtOfEightImages.htm
I have completed a few of these little gems and they really are fun. I have sold a couple of paintings through this project and the exhibit looks so nice as all the paintings, although in very different styles of the different artists, all of the paintings are the exact same size and shape.

I love painting watercolor on canvas. It's such a nice experience to feel the "bounce" and life of the canvas under my brushes.

This piece was done with my Layering Technique explained in previous posts. My husband dubbed it, "Shell-A-Bration". The sunny colors make it feel like a celebration.
I love hearing from you. Let me know what you think!